fredag 12. februar 2010

Radiostar and Norwegian meatball dinner

I realize now It's been a while since my last post, but that doesn't mean that things are not happening. I'll try to give you a short summary of what I have been doing these last days.

Sunday and Monday my back really hurt because of the snowboarding trip. I didn't want to admit it to anyone, but I was kind of worried. Again, I just have to say that I had a really good time and I think it was worth it! I'm fine now, and it doesn't hurt at all when I bend over or sit down. To celebrate I cleaned the bathroom. It does not happen often that I celebrate that way, that I can assure you.


On Tuesday Doug came and picked me up and we went to the radio station to record his radio show "The Scandinavian Hour". The show that I'm in will be on the air February 20th at 9 - 10 (18 - 19 Norwegian time). You can listen to it here: http://www.1150kknw.com/. I taked about my master thesis, and a little bit about Norway. The funny thing is that the Norwegian music he played was Åge Aleksandersen and music from a CD called "Kong Drillo og hans menn".. In my opinion not exactly the best Norwegian music, but he seemed to think so. At the radiostation I met another Norwegian American who worked at the Nordic Heritage Museum, and he said yes to let me interview him for my thesis.
Later that day I went to my first rehearsal with the Norwegian Ladies Chorus of Seattle. It was a lot of fun, and even though most of the women were about 20 years older than me (there was one person my ange) it was still nice to be a part of a choir again. They were rehearsing "Tango for to", "Bruremasj i Hardanger" and a couple of other Norwegian songs. Only one English song, from "The Fiddler on the Roof".

On Wednesday there was a meatball dinner at the Leif Ericson Lodge. I helped decorate and prepare the food, and so I got the dinner and a glass of wine for free. It was not that expensive, $5 for dinner, so I wold be glad to pay, but of course, free is a really nice price. I also met some Norwegian students at the meatball dinner. It was so nice to talk Norwegian again. They were students from Trondheim just like me, but they are only staying for tree months, and they have already been here one month. I hope we can meet again, and hopefully this Saturday at the Leif Ericson Lodge happy hour. $5 for two drinks and snax.. what a good price!

So, thats my week so far, yesterday it was raining really hard, so I just stayed in and made Norwegian pancakes and to night I'm going to wach the Olympic Opening Ceremony.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar