fredag 2. juli 2010

Ah, the ups and downs of fieldwork!

I'm back to my old writing-a-paper-habits. I do everything but the actual writing. I clean the kitchen, I go for a walk, I drink coffee, whenever my house mates walk by my room I talk to them instead of writing. Transcribing interviews is not fun, being forced to listen to my own voice is like torture. I did not know I sounded that stupid, and I am seriously thinking about stop talking. One of my interviews is in Norwegian, and I discovered that I like my voice better in English than in Norwegian. A good excuse to move back here, so that my voice can sound better (and so that I can celebrate midsummer in Norway Park again). 

My plan is to finish writing my report before July 15, so that I can have some vacation before I go back home. Also so I don't become a stressed unpleasant person just before I go home. I don't have to be done with my interviews, because my rapport is only 25 pages, and it will not be room for all of them.

This weekend I'm just going to relax with Seattle International Beer Festival, and experience 4th of July. Hopefully next week will be a good week for writing!?

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar