fredag 23. juli 2010

Bingo and Baseball

In my last fieldwork day I introduced my roommate Tiffany to the wonderful world of the Norwegian Americans. We went to the spaghetti and meatball dinner at the Leif Erikson Hall, and then we played bingo.

My friend Randi and Jerry was there to.

I had no idea that bingo had that many rules, they needed an A4 page just to explain the rules, and even after that I didn't understand it all. Luckily Tiffany understood. So now I'm an expert and ready to join my grandmother for bingo when I get home.

we also got these nice expert-playing-bingo-ink. I was thinking about taking it home with me as a present for my grandmother, but then I realized with my luck it will empty itself inside my bag during the flight home. So I'll just find something else for her.

As a part of my real-american-experience me, Tiffany and Anton went to a baseball game.
I didn't knew that much about baseball, but again Tiffany was there to explain to me (I don't know what to do when I go back to Norway and she will not be there to explain things to me). So after the 5th inning I had learned the most important rules and a lot of new words.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar