mandag 25. januar 2010

Day 3

I'm alive an well! It's only my third day here in Seattle, although it feels like I've been here three years. Everything is new and kind of scary. 

I lost one of my bags on my way here. I think it was in Copenhagen. Since I only had 40 minutes there I'm actually surprised that the other one arrived. I got it back yesterday, so everything is OK now. Tracie came and picked me up at the airport and I'm glad she did. I don't think I would have been able to take the bus all the way that late. The first day I just walked around, trying to orient my self on where everything is. The next day one of my roommates showed me around so now I know where almost everything is around here. My roommates seems quite nice. I've actually only met three of them. One is in India and the other two rooms are empty. We are three girls and one guy in the house right now. All the others are working, so I'm the only student at the moment. I've mostly been talking with one of the girls, and I think we can be good friends. Still, I feel kind of lonely, and the thought of me having 184 days left here makes me kind of sad.. 

Today I was really brave and went to down town by buss all by my self! It was good, and it was really easy to get around. All Americans are so helpful, and nice. I was just standing on the corner looking at a map and three people stopped and asked if I needed any help. That would newer happen in Norway! I got an American simcard and phone number, but my phone won't accept it, so maybe I have to buy a new cell pone as well. I have to get down there to morrow anyway to open a bank account, and I'm actually looking forward to it. I also plan to check out University of Washington tomorrow or maybe Ballard.  


4 kommentarer:

  1. å så kos å følge dæ på din Amerikareise. Du skal se at det går ei lita uke så e du verdensvant i byen.
    Klem fra tante

    SvarSlett
  2. Det kommer til å falle på plass. Husk på kor ensom vi følte oss den første tida i Oslo, men nu e vi lommekjent! :) Dessuten har du jo alltid mæ, æ e bære en skype unna. ;) I love you!

    SvarSlett
  3. ja d va den skypen. æ må ordne mæ d!

    SvarSlett
  4. Hurra,
    well done!
    settled in, og tatt dæ bytur,
    og fått vært litt sosial.
    Flinkis!
    Du e tøff, vennen =)
    Heie på dæ.
    Jeanette

    SvarSlett