fredag 15. januar 2010

First stop; Trondheim. 6 days to Seattle

My journey has started. Kind of.. I took the night train to Trondheim which is my first stop on my journey to Seattle. It was really sad saying goodbye to my mom and dad. I didn´t dry up my tears before I came to Tjeldsundbrua, a 45 minute drive from Harsatd. I never get sad, but i really did this time. I´m OK now :)

I slept most of the 10 hour train ride. Even though Lonely Planet consider Bodø - Trondheim one of Europe´s most beautiful night trains, I have to confess I´m not so impressed. But of course, they where talking about the summer, when the sun hardly set. They also stated that "Norwegian trains are very pleasant places to hang out for a while", not for me. Not this time. Usually I can agree. 

As I said, I´m OK now. It is good being back in Trondheim. Even though I´m sleeping on the couch in what used to be my room. One of my best friends is staying in my room when I´m in Seattle. I´m glad, because that means that I can come back to my room in August.

 

3 kommentarer:

  1. Hei Runa,

    I found your blog on my Google alerts for Trondheim. I work for the Norwegian American Weekly newspaper, which is the only Norwegian-American newspaper in the United States. We are based in Seattle, and we would be happy to help you! Email us (subcribe@norway.com) if you want to get together!

    Mvh,
    Christy
    Norwegian American Weekly

    SvarSlett
  2. Don´t be sad Runa... US is great! But watch out for the drinks. There is more rum in a rum and coke than coke. Now you´re warned!

    SvarSlett
  3. Hey Runa!!
    Enjoy Seattle. I have now added your blog to my "i follow this"..

    Gleder meg til å høre mer fra deg!! Du er den stiligste sosialantropologen jeg kjenner!! Og face it, en ekte sosialantropolig har en blogg i disse dager!!

    http://marthamydeartakesonlondon.blogspot.com/

    SvarSlett