fredag 16. april 2010

She's the Liverpool packet. Oh Lord, let her go !

I was kind of a lousy fieldworker the other day, when I decided to go to a concert instead of going to the monthly membership meting at the Sons of Norway. In my defense, the concert was at the Nordic Heritage Museum, and it was the Storm Weather Shanty Choir from Norway!




I am actually glad I went. It was a great concert! To get a bunch of Nordic Americans to stand up, dance and sing along, is, I would imagine, as hard as making Norwegians to do the same. And that is hard!  It takes a really good concert to do that, and they did. At the end of the concert people stood in the front, clapping, dancing and singing along, I was amazed!



 If you have spotify, you can hear them here. If not check out their My Space Page, you cane hear some of their music there (especially the Drunken Sailor song!).

I also got to talk to some of the people working at the museum, they are really nice people, I am glad I started working there. I signed up for working at the Nordic Fashion Show on May 8. I figured my experience in volunteer work, and arranging a big event could come in handy. It is good that I could be used for something!

1 kommentar:

  1. Hei Runa-

    Vi så Storm Weather Shanty Choir på Tractor Tavern i Ballard dagen før. De var veldig gode! Det var kjekt å finne bloggen din - jeg håper at det går bra med studiene dine. Du finner sikkert mer enn nok norsk-amerikaner i Seattle området, men skriv dersom du trenger å snakke med flere - min mor kom fra Norge da hun var 20 år, og alle av anene på fars side kom fra Norge også. Nå har jeg begynt web-siden www.norskseattle.com for å holde kontakten med det norske samfunnet i Seattle området.

    Beste helsing-
    admin@norskseattle.com

    SvarSlett