fredag 2. april 2010

Everyone believes in how they think it ought to be

In my last post I may have stepped on some toes, or stepped deep in to the salad, as we would say in Norway. I am really sorry for that!
When I wrote that easter is not a big deal here in the U.S, I just chose some really bad words, what I meant to say was that easter is not as visible here as it is in Norway. It just becomes more visible back home when all the stores close during the easter holiday. That is mainly because the State and Church is not a separate thing there, as it is here. When you have a state religion, you have no choice but to have the day of when easter comes. However, if you ask any Norwegian teenager what easter is all about, most of the times, you will not get a good answer. 
The reason why it is not so visible here, is that there is no state religion, so you can't force someone to celebrate a religious holiday they don't believe in. I do know that for those who believe in the Christian message, easter is a really big deal, as it should be..

I promised my self not to discuss religion or politics when I was here, and unfortunately I did.. I will have to chose my words more carefully in the future. Some times I forget that people actually read the things that I write.
That being said, take a look at the pictures, and see how I usually spend my easter holiday.

1 kommentar:

  1. no wonder you had a great time at the concert - should have been there with you :) guess i'll have to settle for a cd.

    SvarSlett