mandag 1. mars 2010

I heart the library!

This week is my study week. I'll be spending most of my time in one of the most fancy library's I've seen in my life. The Seattle Central Library. The fist time I visited the place, I wasn't sure of I was in heaven or not. It is definitely one of my favorite places in Seattle. The reading area is in the 10th floor, and you practically sit between the clouds and read.













 I borrowed some pictures from wikipedia (1) and galinsky (2), because it was no way that I could take good pictures here with my lousy camera. But people are taking pictures of the place all the time. I have to remember to put on some nice clothes next time, so that I look nice when people take pictures of me "studying". The second picture is of the reading are, with a nice little garden, glass ceiling and a lot of room. By the way; in USA if you ask someone to watch you stuff wen you are out for just a second, that means that you are flirting with them - if that is true, that means that I have flirted with so many people without knowing, and many people have flirted with me, without me taking the hint -  well, I never called the guy back, and I haven't heard from him since. Just as well.
Even at the library the security guards have guns. Who are they going tho shoot? If you steel a book? If you make to much noise? I don't know.. 

On Wednesday I have my first volunteer day at the Nordic Heritage Museum. I'll be working in the gift shop and I'm actually looking forward to it. It will be nice to have something to do other than just run my own time. And I will meet some nice people there that I can interview.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar